I-20 Application for the F-1 Visa
What is an I-20?
The I-20 application is required in order for you to apply for an F-1 student visa. This visa allows international students to study full-time in a degree seeking program.
Philadelphia University issues I-20s to students who are accepted to the University and submit the following materials:
- International Student Agreement Form (can be emailed)
- Graduate Enrollment Form (can be emailed)
- Notarized copy of bank statements totaling $33,000 (U.S. Dollars)
- If bank statements are not in your name please provide a signed Statement of Support Form in the amount of $33,000
- Funds must be dated within the last 6 months and immediately liquidable (can be emailed)
- Copy of your passport (can be emailed)
- Official IELTS/TOEFL report (must be mailed)
- Official GRE report, if applicable (must be mailed)
- Official/Attested copies of university transcripts and degree certificate (must be mailed)
- Transfer Recommendation Form - This form is required only for those students currently studying in the United States on an F-1 Student Visa (can be emailed)
A notary is a public official who can attest to the authenticity of legal documents and bear witness when the Statement of Support form is signed. A solicitor or lawyer may perform these duties, depending upon country and jurisdiction.