The Architecture Program prepares students to be design professionals in the 21st century
- Researching and analyzing cultural and environmental contexts
- Developing innovative architectural solutions
- Presenting the results in a professional manner
Faculty encourage students to find their passion
- Questioning conventions as they develop their critical design skills
- Emphasizing process and product equally
- Serving as stewards of a sustainable society
- Becoming life-long learners and active citizens
Students have really been trailblazers recently!
- Spring 2013, two 5th-year students named finalists in The John Stewardson Memorial Competition and one 3rd-year student named finalist in New York's Reinvent Payphones Design Challenge.
- Spring 2012, Design 8 students collaborated with Interior Designers in a “Bank of the Future” design competition, with the winning team presenting its design at the TD Bank Group’s Enterprise Real Estate annual conference in Toronto.
- Spring 2012, Design 10 students followed a variety of paths: designing and building prototype sleeping units for local homeless shelters, exploring the use of robotics in architecture, visiting Argentina for an urban design studio, and pursuing self-directed thesis projects.
- Fall 2012, Design 8 students facilitated the development of a Patch Adams community-based health clinic in an under-served neighborhood.