Academic Internship Program: Student Elegibility Requirements
Preliminary Eligibility Requirements
Please note that for an “internship” or any other type of employment position to be considered eligible for earning credit through the academic internship program:
- The participating student must meet specific eligibility standards listed below. Students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor to determine if they are eligible to earn credit for the internship.
- The internship description and types of responsibilities to be completed must meet specific requirements (e.g., hours, length of employment, etc.) and have been evaluated by the Faculty Internship Advisor for the student’s major or the Career Services Center.
- The student registers for and participates in the associated internship course, either credit or non-credit (transcript-notation) during the semester in which they are interning; all academic internships are recorded on the student’s transcript.
Undergraduate Eligibility Requirements
At the time of application, undergraduate students must meet the following standards to be eligible for earning credit for their internship:
- A minimum of 60 credits earned (Exception: Architecture and Landscape Architecture students must have completed 90 credits).
- If transfer student, a minimum of 15 credits earned at Philadelphia University
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA (cumulative and in major)
All undergraduate internship students must maintain a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) while participating in the internship program. Students who fail to maintain the minimum GPA during the first internship term may be denied acceptance for a second internship term, even if the first internship was successfully completed.
Graduate Eligibility Requirements
At the time of application, graduate students must meet the following requirements*:
- Full-time student status at Philadelphia University
- 18 core credits earned at Philadelphia University
- A minimum of 3.25 GPA (cumulative and in major)
* Graduate students in selected programs, including the Day MBA Program may have the credit requirements waived at the discretion of the Graduate Program Director. Students should contact their department