Special Populations Resources
The Marianne Able Career Services Center provides a broad array of services and programs for all PhilaU students in the areas of career exploration and job searching. The staff of the Career Services Center are committed to serving and assisting all students at the university and meeting individuals' diverse needs. Below you will find resources for the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, international students and veterans.
Top Resources for LGBTQ Community
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index 2016 - Rating American workplaces on LGBT equality
- LGBT CareerLink - Unique job search and employment networking system
- Human Rights Campaign – Search for organizations that are LGBTIQ-friendly, discover which states offer civil unions, get advice on what you can do to get involved, research state laws and policies, and read articles about the transgendered community
- LGBT Connect – Devoted to connecting employers to, and the equal employment of. the LGBT community
- OUT for Work – A nonprofit dedicated to educating, preparing, and empowering LGBT college students and their allies for the workplace
Top Resources for Students with Disabilities
- United States Department of Labor - Office of Disability Employment Policy
- The Riley Guide - Employment Resources for the Disabled
- DisabledPerson.com - Provides an online, targeted recruiting site
- Disability Info – Links to job search sites and information
- Job Accommodation Network - Free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues
Top Resources for Veterans
- OEF/OIF Returning Service Members - Information about benefits earned in becoming an OEF/OIF veteran
- Vet Jobs - A Leading Military Job Board
- Veterans of Foreign Wars - Offers scholarships to veterans and more information is available about benefits and advocacy
- Hire Veterans - Jobs for Veterans
- Disabled American Veterans - Offers support and advocacy opportunities for veterans
- Tips for Starting a Business - Offers support and resources for veterans looking to start a business
Log in here
Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
WALK IN HOURS:
Mondays / Wednesdays / Fridays: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Tuesdays / Thursdays:
2 p.m. - 4 p.m.