School of Business Administration Undergraduate Programs
|Fashion Merchandising and Management (B.S)
| Fashion Merchandising and Management Concentrations
|Joint B.S. Business and M.B.A|
About the School
The School of Business Administration focuses on preparing students to become leaders in the 21st century business world. In addition to traditional business skills in accounting, marketing, finance, management, economics, etc., students gain the communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills that employers value, and that allow students to advance their careers. Through experiential, collaborative and real world experiences, students learn about business by working on actual problems and interacting with business executives.
Internships connect students to the world of business. These experiences allow students to link concepts discussed in class to real business contexts and to gain hands-on experience in a particular job, industry or company. Increasingly, employers expect college graduates to have work experience and use internships as a way to recruit talented graduates to their companies. Business students are strongly encouraged to work closely with Career Services to secure at least one internship experience as part of their educational program.
With extensive backgrounds in the world of commerce, faculty members bring their deep knowledge of business to inform their teaching and to support and advise students in the wide range of career opportunities in the field. The faculty is committed to helping students learn and advance in order to achieve their career aspirations.
Business majors are strongly encouraged to participate in the University’s study abroad programs and experience the culture, language and business practices of a different country or region. The School of Business Administration is a member of AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business – and the curricula are designed to be consistent with the guidelines set forth by AACSB International. We are also committed to becoming fully accredited by AACSB.
The School of Business Administration (SBA) prepares students to be leaders in the 21st-century business world by developing the skills that employers value through our nexus learning approach that offers students experiential, collaborative and real world education.
School Goals and Outcomes
In addition to providing students with the technical expertise and foundation knowledge in business, the School of Business delivers learning-centered programs that prepare students to be successful in their careers and to adapt to challenges they may face in the future. Graduates of the SBA will:
- Recognize, analyze and respond appropriately to ethical challenges in the workplace
- Have broad knowledge of the core functional areas of business, how they interrelate in complex organizational settings and in depth knowledge in their areas of concentration
- Use analytical tools to effectively evaluate quantitative and qualitative information in organizational settings
- Demonstrate effective oral, written and visual communication skills in business contexts
- Develop the global and multi-cultural understanding necessary to be effective in the global workplace
- Work effectively in cross-disciplinary teams to identify innovative business opportunities and to make informed decisions