Parking and Security
There will be general parking at the following campus lots: Ravenhill Campus, Tuttleman Auditorium, Hayward Hall, Search Hall, Independence Hall, and Gallagher Athletic, Recreation and Convocation Center. Parking will also be available at The Falls Center (3300 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19129) and William Penn Charter School (3000 West School House Lane, Philadelphia, PA 19144).
There will also be designated accessibility parking for those with special needs. Please see Accessibility.
In order to expedite the parking process across several lots, follow PhilaU on Twitter at @PhiladelphiaU. Twitter will be continuously updated as parking lots fill up.
There will be shuttle service TO Alumni Field from Ravenhill Campus, Tuttleman Auditorium, Downs Auditorium (special needs only), The Falls Center, and William Penn Charter School. Shuttle service FROM Alumni Field will be located at the Ram at Philadelphia University Drive and outside of Downs Auditorium on Main Campus. Please refer to the map.
There will be two buses running the campus loop (Ravenhill and Tuttleman to Downs), two buses running from the Falls Center to main campus, and one bus running from from Penn Charter to main campus. Three of the five buses will be equipped will be tracked using PhilaU's Mobile App for real-time bus tracking. Download the TRANSIT module here.
- Please note that the road through main campus (Philadelphia University Drive) will be closed to public traffic from Archer Hall to the Gallagher Athletic, Recreation and Convocation Center. That road will be divided into a one-way shuttle-only route and a pedestrian walkway.
- Traffic in the area will be heavy due to other local university commencement ceremonies, in addition to the Dad Vale Regatta. Please plan accordingly.
In order to make Commencement Day pleasant for graduates and guests, please observe to the following security measures:
- - In complying with recent security recommendations in the City of Philadelphia, no large bags (gym bags, duffel bags, backpacks, etc.) will be permitted.
- - Do not leave your belongings unattended.
- - No smoking on Alumni Field, per City of Philadelphia code.
- - Photos must be taken from your seats. A professional photographer has been hired to get the perfect shot of your graduate.
- - Keep aisles clear.