Below are some websites with useful information for college students
- CollegeResponse - 24 hour mental health screenings for depression, anxiety, eating disorders, post traumatic stress, bipolar disorder and alcohol abuse. Free and completely confidential.
- Online Relaxation Exercises - Reduce your stress level by trying one of these relaxation techniques.
- Mindfulness Meditation - Introduction to to mindfulness meditation practices you can download or play.
- APA Help Center – American Psychological Association’s resource center. Information for everybody.
- Go Ask Alice - Go ahead! Ask whatever you want about anything related to drugs, sex, relationships, fitness, nutrition, mental health or any health related topics. Great question and answer site.
- Half of Us - Site dedicated to preventing suicide. Information and resources specifically about college student mental health issues. Screening tools, resources and ideas for fighting stigma around mental health concerns.
- Psych Central – Lots of information about psychology, mental health and support resources. Try the on-line interactive quizzes.
- Virtual Pamphlet Collection – A pamphlet for anything and everything having to do with mental health, stress, depression, relationships, roommate issues, eating problems, general wellness and alcohol and other drug issues…
- HelpGuide.Org - Information about psychological and emotional trauma. Causes, effects and some suggestion for what to do about it.
- Retinking Drinking - Great resource for exploring researched based information about the impact of harmful drinking habits. Includes tools to check out your own drinking pattern.
- Drug Use and College - Learn more about most commonly misused and abused drugs on college campuses
- Children of Alcoholics - Information and support for dealing with a parent's substance abuse.