Within the first few years following graduation from the industrial and systems engineering program, graduates are expected to:
1. Successfully pursue a career in industrial and systems engineering or related field.
2. Pursue advanced studies in Industrial and Systems Engineering or related technical areas such as operations research, logistics and supply chain modeling.
3. Have the ability to analyze, improve, and manage integrated systems of people, technology, and materials in the fields of service, retailing, manufacturing and distribution.
4. Function in teams, communicate effectively in a professional manner, and uphold the ethical standards of the engineering profession.
5. Engage in life-long learning, continuing education and professional growth within the field of Industrial Engineering.