Total Credit hours: 125-127
A PDF version of this information is available in our Curriculum Chart.
New updated curriculum for students entering in Fall 2014: SUST 2.0
- Capstone Seminar: senior students design and implement pilot projects on campus and in the local community to practice strategic job skills. Examples include campus climate change mitigation projects and a pilot program that composts food waste from campus dining facilities.
- Energy Systems and Politics: students explore energy physics and systems design, while also going on field trips to electricity generating stations and practicing the energy accounting and auditing skills that employers are looking for.
- Sustainable Food Chains: students learn from local experts working on urban food initiatives and participate in small-group field trips to urban organic farms to get close-up engagement with organizations in Philadelphia that produce sustainable, local ingredients.
- Study Abroad: options include exploring European sustainability practices in Copenhagen or studying rainforest biodiversity and eco-tourism in Costa Rica.
- Internships: students gain real-world experience at leading organizations, like doing conservation education at the Philadelphia Zoo or working on environmental compliance at Johnson & Johnson.
|YR||MAJOR CORE||HALLMARKS CORE||ELECTIVES|
Biology II Lecture and Lab
Fundamentals of Sustainability
The Atmosphere and the Environment
DEC Systems Thinking
Writing Seminar I: Written Communication
Debating U.S. Issues
Biology I Lecture and Lab
Physical Education or Service Learning (1 credit)
Chemistry I or General Physics
Sustainable Food Chains
Energy Systems and Politics
Sustainable Planning and Land Use
Writing Seminar II: Multimedia Communication
Lifecycle Thinking and analysis
Sustainability Metrics and Reporting
Sustainable Technologies for Architecture
Managing Sustainability in Organizations
 Specialization Courses (6 credits)
Debating Global Issues
Sustainability and Development
Free Elective or Internship (3 credits)
Geographic Information Systems
Capstone I: Sustainable Project Management
Capstone II: Sustainable Analysis
Global Environmental History
Specialization Course (3 credits)
Capstone Folio Workshop
 Free Electives (9 credits)
Total Credit hours in this curriculum: 124-127