Total Credit hours: 124-127
- Capstone Seminar: senior students design and implement pilot projects on campus and in the local community to practice strategic job skills. Examples include campus climate change mitigation projects and a pilot program that composts food waste from campus dining facilities.
- Energy Systems and Politics: students explore energy physics and systems design, while also going on field trips to electricity generating stations and practicing the energy accounting and auditing skills that employers are looking for.
- Sustainable Food Chains: students learn from local experts working on urban food initiatives and participate in small-group field trips to urban organic farms to get close-up engagement with organizations in Philadelphia that produce sustainable, local ingredients.
- Study Abroad: options include exploring European sustainability practices in Copenhagen or studying rainforest biodiversity and eco-tourism in Costa Rica.
- Internships: students gain real-world experience at leading organizations, like doing conservation education at the Philadelphia Zoo or working on environmental compliance at Johnson & Johnson.
|YR||MAJOR CORE||HALLMARKS CORE||ELECTIVES|
Management and Marketing Foundations
Biology II Lecture and Lab
Fundamentals of Sustainability
The Atmosphere and the Environment
Water Resources and the Environment
Writing Seminar I: Written Communication
Debating U.S. Issues
Biology I Lecture and Lab
Sustainable Food Chains
Energy Systems and Politics
Sustainable Land Use and Planning
Writing Seminar II: Multimedia Communication
Lifecycle Thinking and Analysis
Sustainability Metrics and Reporting
Sustainable Technologies for Architecture
Managing Sustainability in Organizations
Sustainable Development in the Non-Western World
Debating Global Issues
Sustainability and Development
Career Specialization Courses (6 credits)
Geographic Information Systems
Capstone I: Sustainability Project Management
Capstone II: Sustainability Analysis
Capstone Folio Workshop
Career Specialization course (3 credits)
Internship or Additional Career Specialization Course (3 credits)
 Free Electives (6 credits)
Total Credit hours in this curriculum: 124-127