The Verizon Philadelphia University Evening of Innovation is an amazing platform for advancing the importance of higher education and innovation and the impact they have on the global economy. With proceeds providing scholarship support for our deserving students, this special evening pays tribute to students, faculty, alumni and friends who contribute their talent, creativity and determination to meeting current and emerging social needs through innovation. This celebration includes the Annual Fashion Show at the majestic Academy of Music, immediately followed by our Spirit of Innovation Gala and Awards Ceremony in the Grand Ballroom of the Hyatt at The Bellevue Hotel.
Spirit of Design Award
The Philadelphia University Spirit of Design Award is presented to an outstanding designer or supporter of design for their significant contributions to the fashion industry, design and design education. The 2013 award was presented to:
- Nicole Miller, Acclaimed fashion designer
Leaders of Innovation Medal
The honor is presented to innovative entrepreneurs who have made significant contributions to education, industry or the professions that better society and exemplify the University's mission and innovative spirit. The esteemed recipients are individuals whose creativity and business acumen shine a bright light on the importance of innovation to all of us. The 2013 Leader of Innovation Medals were presented to:
- Charles Bernier '74, President and Chief Executive Officer, ECBM
- James L. Hamling, Former CEO, Berwind Corporation
- Bud Konheim, Chief Executive Officer, Nicole Miller
- Meryl Levitz, President and Chief Executive Officer, Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corp.
- Robert C. Lockyer '68, Managing Partner, Merloc Partners L.P.
- Sean Lockyer '99, Founder, Sean Lockyer AR+D
- Carole C. Wedge, FAIA LEED AP, President, Shepley Bulfinch
For more information please contact Paula Gaughan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-951-2850.