About the Program
Fashion merchandising is part of the dynamic and exciting fashion industry and plays a central role in retailing. The merchandiser is responsible for understanding the needs and demands of the consumer. Consumers' needs are influenced by lifestyle and changes in the environment. The merchandiser is responsible for selecting and procuring merchandise from all over the world, ensuring that the store has a proper assortment of goods. Technology plays an important role by enabling merchandisers to predict needs, provide the merchandise in a timely manner, and insure an inventory that is well-balanced.
Fashion merchandising majors study retailing, merchandising, marketing, and management. They learn about fashion trends and design, fabrics and their use, and garment construction.
Positions in merchandising include buyers, department managers, merchandising managers, fashion coordinators, product developers, and merchandise planners.
This program is available in the day only. Check sheets are used to summarize progress in the program.
Why Study Fashion Merchandising?
- Learn about the many different career opportunities in the fashion industry.
- Learn the language of the business.
- Become knowledgeable in the building blocks of fashion: fibers, yarns and fabrics.
- Network with other fashion students in the textile, design, and apparel manufacturing fields. You will be working with these same people when you graduate.
- Learn about business tools like financial statements, management techniques and marketing strategies that provide the foundations for any successful business.
- Develop a good “business sense” that will help you succeed throughout your career.
- Sharpen your written and verbal communication skills.
- Increase your global awareness of the fashion industry and the opportunities that exist worldwide.
- Network with various people in the fashion industry before choosing a company to work for full time upon graduation.
- Obtain an exciting career in the fashion industry upon graduation.
- Study Abroad
- Learn with a team of experts
- Work in the industry