Current Graduate Students
This is designed as a graduate student resource for almost everything on campus. We've established this landing page especially with you in mind and we will continue to enhance it to meet your needs. General University links to the right are meant to orient current graduate students to University departments, policies, etc. Links below are essential to the graduate student experience at Philadelphia University.
On this page, you will find information on graduate assistantships and other forms of financial aid, such as scholarships. Be sure to also read Frequently Asked Questions from New and Current Graduate Students.
Graduate Presentations [scheduled presentations of student work including dissertations; theses; master's and synthesis projects and exhibits].
- NEW!Thesis Writing Workshop MP3 Audio Presentation (82 Mb zip file)
- Introduction to Thesis: Graduate Research (PDF) [updated July 2010].
- Dissertation and Thesis Guidelines (PDF) [updated July 2010].
- Dissertation and Thesis Template (PDF) [updated July 2010].
- Dissertation and Thesis Frequently Asked Questions.
- Library Research Resources (by program) [updated September 2012].
- Change of Program Form (Interactive PDF) .
- Dissertation and Thesis Re-registration Form.
- Dissertation and Thesis Forms(entire set) (Interactive PDF) [updated May 2010].
- Financial Aid Office
- Graduate Assistantships: Graduate Assistantship Guidelines (PDF).
- Graduate Assistantship Application; and Instructions
- Graduate Residence Coordinator and other Residence Life positions - see the Residence Life web site.
- University Employment:
- All positions are listed on the employment page.
- Internship - see the internship information on the Career Services web site.
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Blackboard course management access.
- Upcoming and Recent Dissertation and Thesis Defense Presentations
- Housing: Off Campus.
- Professional and other helpful resources that are not affiliated with Philadelphia University (no formal or implied endorsements of these resources are made).
- Council on Graduate Schools (CGS)resources for students; see especially the sources on fellowships and financial aid page; and the CGS publications for graduate students page [CGS home].
- Financial aid (including scholarships); see especially, Financial Aid for Graduate School; Prestigious Scholarships and Fellowships (scroll down page for Graduate section); and Graduate and Professional Student PLUS Loans. [FinAid home; about FinAid].
Philadelphia University Philosophy of Graduate Education
Graduate education is an extension of the University’s mission to offer professional education. Programs combine theory and practice, scholarly research and application to produce graduates who are prepared for both senior levels of responsibility and further graduate study, including the doctorate. Courses are taught by faculty and professionals. Curricula are based on measurable learning outcomes developed by the faculty and professional standards as defined by the professions.
Let us know how we can make this site even better for you – email the Associate Provost, Lloyd Russow at RussowL@PhilaU.edu.