If you are a student in a campus resident facility, notify the RA or RC on duty in their residence hall for any emergency.
Faculty, staff and students in other locations may contact security at 215.951.2999 for assistance and possible transport to a local emergency room.
RAPE OR SEXUAL ABUSE
If you have been raped or sexually abused, seek medical attention as soon as possible. It is important to have a medical exam to check for internal injuries, receive medication for sexually transmitted infections, discuss options for HIV and pregnancy prevention, and gather forensic evidence. Even if you are not sure if you want to press charges now, the evidence can be taken with your consent, just in case you change your mind.
Do not shower, eat, drink, smoke, douche, or change clothes before the medical exam. This may destroy evidence.
If able, bring a change of clothes for after the medical exam.
- On-campus: Call 2999 for a free ride from security to the medical center listed below for an exam
- Off-campus: Call 911 or Special Victims Unit 215-685-3251 and they will take you to the medical center below for an exam
Philadelphia Sexual Assault Response Center (PSARC)
300 E. Hunting Park Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19124
24 hour hotline: 215-425-1625
Available 24/7 to provide private, confidential medical services that assist in the collection of evidence for cases involving female and male adults (16 years or older) of sexual violence
- Staff are highly trained and understand the sensitive issues around sexual violence and how to treat you with compassion and humanity.
- Even if you do not want to file a police report or are not sure, the police will still need to escort you to the center for the forensic medical exam.
- Counselors available for support, answer questions, and to give you information about resources and services.
Philadelphia University Counseling Services - Strictly confidential
Philadelphia University Student Health Services - Strictly confidential
For more information about the university's policy on sexual misconduct and what you can do if you need help, please visit: http://www.philau.edu/titleix/
WHERE TO FIND MORE HELP
Women Organized Against Rape (WOAR): 24 hour Hotline: 215-985-3333
Call for support from a trained advocate, telephone counseling, crisis intervention, emergency room counseling, follow up, referrals, court companions, education, training and literature
Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR): Hotline: 1-888-772-7227
Women Against Abuse: 24 hour Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-866-723-3014
1 in 6: online support line for men
Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN): Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
No More: National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)