How to guarantee acceptance to Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law
Admission to the EAP only guarantees a student admission to the Kline School of Law if students keep up a level of excellence as a PhilaU student as outlined below:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA undergraduate of 3.4 (as calculated by the Law School Admission Council's Credential Assembly Service) by the time of application to the Kline School of Law
- Comply with all academic standards and expectations for student conduct established by Philadelphia University
- Complete all major and core course requirements at Philadelphia University, and attain senior status before enrolling in courses at the Kline School of Law
- Meet the character and fitness requirements of the Kline School of Law
- Comply with all application and enrollment deposit requirements, as well as deadlines established by the Kline School of Law
- Take the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) no later than December of the third year of the program (for 3+3 students), or December of the fourth year of the program (for 4+3 students)
- Earn a LSAT score at least equal to the median LSAT for Drexel's 1-L class in the year the student was admitted to Philadelphia University
Transition Process from Philadelphia University to the Thomas R. Kline School of Law
- Students wishing to complete a 3+3 course of study in the EAP must file a binding, early decision application with the Kline School of Law no later than December 1 of their third year of the EAP program (Junior Year at PhilaU).
- Students wishing to complete a 4+3 course of study in the EAP must file a non-binding, early-action application with the Kline School of Law no later than December 1 of their fourth year in the EAP. (Senior Year at PhilaU).
- Philadelphia University provides institutional aid to students only for their enrollment at Philadelphia University. Once enrolled at theKline School of Law, whether at the completion of the third or fourth year of undergraduate studies, students will no longer apply for aid through Philadelphia University. All aid applications will be handled directly between the student and Drexel University.
- Students in the EAP program will have the Kline School of Law send an official transcript to Philadelphia University at the completion of their first year of law school. Philadelphia University will award the bachelor's degree to students who have successfully completed the first year of law school and have met all degree requirements for Philadelphia University.