Lankenau School purchased this property from the estate of William G Warden in June of 1942. Warden's father had been one of the founders of Atlantic Refining Company. This property consisted of a manor house and a gatehouse on eight acres.
In 1972, Philadelphia College of Textiles and Science purchased the Lankenau School complex, which included this former mansion.
This building served as the administrative center and dining
facilities for Lankenau. In 1974 after extensive renovation the 30-room building became game rooms, conference rooms, meeting rooms, lounges, studies, and interviewing rooms for the Placement Service.
the building was demolished. Offices and services formerly
available in the Student Center are now located in the Kanbar
on links to view Historical images:
"Red Gate" ? - 1942
Main 1942 - 1972
Student Center 1974 -