Paul J. Gutman Library
  Paul J. Gutman Library >> Home>> HBuildings
 

Historical Building Survey of Philadelphia University

Scholler Hall
Built in 1956
Architect: George M. Ewing

 

                               

map

Historical Building Survey of Philadelphia University

Philadelphia & Environs
Textiles and Victorian Trade Card

Architecture
& Design Center
Chapel
Goldie Paley House
Hayward Hall
President's House
Ravenhill Mansion
Roxboro House
Scholler Hall
Student Center
White Corners
White House

This dorm was the first residence facility in the history of the school. A $600,000 Federal Housing Loan made the construction of this dormitory possible. This four-story, brick structure was designed to house 150 students. Included in the design was a student dispensary (now the Hortence T. Moss Health Center) on the ground floor. On the first floor an apartment for the Proctor of the Residence Hall was installed. Walter F "Bucky" Harris was the first staff member to fill this position. Presently, Scholler is co-ed student residence mainly occupied by freshmen and sophomores.