Desktop and Laptop Computers
- Over 80 computers, both MAC and PC
- Have Microsoft Office suite and software found in Search Hall computer labs
- Wireless laptops and iPads can also be borrowed from Circulation
Photocopies, Computer Printing, and Scanners
Black & white copiers
- Located In the copy room on the main floor of the library and on the lower level by the printers
- Cost: Using a PhilaU ID card (debit), 8 1/2"x11" B&W copies cost $.10 per sheet; $.15 if cash is used. 11"x17" B&W copies are $.20 (debit) or $.30 (bill or coin)
- In the main copy room near Circulation Desk on the main level
- Paper Sizes: It offers 8 1/2 x 11" paper and 11"x 17" paper.
- Cost: Price per copy is $.50 (debit or cash)
Computer Printing (Public Workstations and Laptops)
- Color and Paper Sizes: B&W and color; there are printers on both the main and lower levels that allow printing on 11" x 17" paper. On the main floor, select the main floor 11x17 printer. Color printing is on the lower level only.
- Printing Limit: Print up to 500, B&W pages for free each semester.
- Cost: Free until you print more than 500 B&W pages. Printing in color requires funds on your campus card; Color prints cost $.99/page.
Scanners are attached to various PCs and MACs in the library.
The library offers the following alternatives to desktop computers.
iPads can be checked out for use within the library for up to 3 hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. iPads must be returned by 5 pm.
On an iPad, you can read your email, surf the web, try out mobile versions of the library’s catalog and other resources; view a movie, play games for stress relief, work on a document with the PAGES app, or read books (we have free ones downloaded).
For questions or suggestions regarding the iPad loan program, please contact Michael Cabus, Systems Librarian, at email@example.com.
Note: Faculty and staff can obtain longer-term (out-of-library) iPad loans through the Office of Information Resources. Contact the Help Desk at HelpDesk@philau.edu (x4OIT).
All Philadelphia University students are eligible to borrow a wireless laptop from Gutman Library for use in the library building. "Wireless" means that you can connect to the campus network from anywhere in the library building.
The laptops have all regular lab computer software as well. Here are the key facts.
- We have eight Lenovo PCs
- The loan period is three hours
- The laptops are available during our regular operating hours, but must be returned one hour before closing
Hours Today | Complete Hours