Campus Buildings: 

Architecture & 
  Design Center
 
Chapel
Goldie Paley House
Hayward Hall 
President's House
Ravenhill Mansion
Roxboro House
Scholler Hall 
Student Center 
White Corners 
White House
Home


The Chapel was originally designed and built for use by Ravenhill Academy. The interior consisted of terrazzo floors, oak pews, a marble alter and stained glass windows. The famous artist, Maguerite Gaudin, designed the stained glass windows. She was associated with Willet Stained Glass Studios. In 1978, the Sisters of the Assumption (taught at Ravenhill Academy)  removed one window to their convent at 227 Bowman Ave., Bala Cynwyd and replaced the panel with similar 'airy' squares. The rose windows at Rosemont College were modeled after these windows.

With the purchase of Ravenhill Academy in 1982, the college acquired this religious space. At the time of the sale, the chapel was desanctified. This 6,200 square foot space is currently utilized as space for studio instruction, exhibits, lectures, seminars and performances.

Click on links to view Historical images:

 

Chapel
 
Built: 1938
 
Architect: Henry D Dagit & Sons
 
Name: St. Eugenia's 1938 - 1982. 
Chapel 1982.
 

 
.

 

 

 

PhilaU What's New Internet Links Service Forms Library Catalog Paul J. Gutman Library PhilaU
Contact the Circulation desk: 215-951-2840 & Reference desk: 215-951-2848
For comments about this site: Library Web Manager
Copyright 1998-2002 Philadelphia University Gutman Library. All rights reserved.