Mail Service Is A Department Of Philadelphia University That Sends & Receives All Postal, Postal Special Services, UPS, Express Mails(DHL, Fedex, UPS, Etc.). Mail Is Received In The MailRoom At 9:00A.M. And Usually Sorted And Delivered To All Student MailBoxes, & University Departments By 11:30A.M. Students Will Receive A Pick-Up Slip For All Mail Too Large For Mailboxes & Packages.
YOU MUST HAVE BOTH PICK - UP SLIP & PICTURE I.D. TO PICK-UP ALL PACKAGES.
FOR SECURITY: THE NAME ON THE PACKAGE MUST MATCH THE NAME ON YOUR I.D. OR IT WILL BE SENT BACK.
|All incoming mail should be addressed as follows:
Phila. Univ. # (your box number)
4201 Henry Ave.
Philadelphia, Pa. 19144-5494
Do not use the word "box" or the letters "P.O." before your box no. This will delay your mail. Use only the pound (#)sign.
Do not send or receive monies in the regular mail. Use only services that can be traced and need a signature, such as, U.S. Postal "certified", "registered", or "express" mail. Other express services have tracking no's,
The business office recommends the best way for you to receive money is for your parents to open a bank account that has MAC access
**IF YOU RECEIVE MAIL IN YOUR MAILBOX THAT IS NOT YOURS, DO NOT OPEN IT, KEEP IT, OR THROW IT AWAY!! DROP IT IN A "CAMPUS MAIL SLOT" IMMEDIATELY FOR RESORTING.
***If you are late registering for classes, please check with the Registrar office, to make sure you have not been assigned a new mailbox.
**There is a 50cent charge for lost or forgotten mailbox combinations.
* A FAX machine is available for student use in the university store.
Individual stamps, and books of stamps may be purchased from the two stamp machines located in the lobby of the mailroom. Mail Service does not sell stamps, please only use window when stamp machine is out of order or for Shipping large packages or other shipping services.
Stamped mail can be put in the slot located under the single stamp machine next to the mailroom, and the entryway of the Ravenhill dinning hall.
Campus mail can be put in the slot located under the mailroom window, and the entryway of the Ravenhill dinning hall.
A Guide to Sending Packages to Service Personnel
Via APO or FPO Addresses
These guidelines, provided by Mail Services, will help ensure safe delivery to service personnel:
- The mailing address MUST contain the NAME of a specific person as the recipient of the package. Please list both first and last names. Rank and grade are not mandatory.The package MUST contain the complete return address of the SENDER.
- LIQUID contents MUST be placed in a sealed container and wrapped in absorbent material with outer packaging that will protect the contents.
- ALL packages weighing one pound or more must have a properly completed Customs Form 2976-A (white form). Customs forms with items crossed off or scratched out are not acceptable.
- Detailed descriptions of contents are REQUIRED. Rather than list items, such as “food,” “medicine,” “clothing,” “toiletries,” or “gifts,” you should list the specific numbers and types of each item enclosed. For example: 1 roll-on deodorant; 2 T-shirts; 1 pkg. household AAA batteries; 3 bags Oreos; 1 non-aerosol shaving gel; 2 bags chocolate candy,” etc.
- Note: Deodorant must be roll-on, solid or stick, and must be listed as such on the customs form. Shaving cream or shaving gel must NOT be aerosol and must be listed as “non-aerosol.” Only household batteries are permitted and MUST be listed as AA, AAA, C, D, etc.
- Items requiring batteries for use must have the batteries removed during transit and packaged to avoid shorting. Batteries are best mailed in their original, unopened packaging.
- Hand sanitizer or antibacterial gel are flammable and are not acceptable. AEROSOL PRODUCTS ARE NOT PERMITTED. FLAMMABLES, CORROSIVES AND TOXINS ARE NOT PERMITTED. These include, but are not limited to:
- Alcohol-based products like perfumes, colognes, aftershave, hairspray and mouthwash.
- Lighters, matches, butane.
- Fingernail polish and nail-polish remover.
- Flea collars, DEET and most bug sprays.
For more info or to schedule a visit, call 215-951-2700 or email email@example.com
Mailroom Window Hours
10:00 A.M. - 6 P.M.
10:00 A.M. 5:45 P.M.
8:30 A.M. - 6 P.M.
8:30 A.M. 5:45 P.M.
During Fall and Spring Semesters
when classes are in session