A specialized track of study within the iMBA program, the iMBA-CPA option provides students with tailored accounting coursework and aligned Certified Public Accountant exam preparation. The iMBA-CPA option is designed so students can earn their MBA degree and complete the four parts of the CPA exam in as little as one year. A part-time option is also available.
Pennsylvania requires that those who wish to sit for the CPA exam must hold an undergraduate degree, including 24 semester hours in accounting/accounting related coursework, and those interested in becoming a CPA must have 150 college credits. This program is structured to provide both the education required to prepare students to pass the exam within one year and the necessary credits to meet the 150-credit hour requirement for certification.
For program participants who take the iMBA-CPA courses during the day or evening and take part in the CPA review, the exam pass rate is very high.
Unique aspects of the program:
Curriculum (33-34 total credits)
MBA Core Courses (24 credits)
• Management Communications and Negotiations
• Global Managing in the 21st Century
• Management of Information Through Technology
• Accounting for Management Decisions
• Financial Policy and Planning
• Quantitative Methods in Decisions
• Strategic Marketing Management
• Strategic Planning in a Global Environment
Accounting Option (10 credits) OR Taxation Option (9 credits)
• Financial Accounting & Reporting I • Individual Taxation
• Financial Accounting & Reporting II • Corporate Taxation
• Auditing and Attestation • Tax Research
NOTE: This program has been designed for students who have completed an undergraduate degree in accounting. However, students with an undergraduate accounting minor or who have completed significant undergraduate accounting coursework are encouraged to contact the Graduate Admissions Office for further advice.
Completed graduate application