The Doctor of Midwifery is a professional degree intended for mid-career midwives.
The Doctor of Midwifery will begin in Fall 2017.
The deadline for complete admissions materials to be received is as follows:
Preferred deadline: March 1, 2017
Final deadline: May 1, 2017
Students must submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the program:
- University Graduate Application (apply online)
- Proof of graduate degree or higher (e.g. MS, MSc, MSN, MPH)
- Proof of graduation from an accredited midwifery program
- Official college transcripts (minimum 3.0 GPA in graduate work) from each academic institution
- National certification/registration in midwifery
- Recent graduate course or demonstrated competency in statistics
- If you have not taken a graduate course in statistics in the past 5 years, we accept Statistics I, II and III for credit from Institute for Statistics Education. Together these are equivalent to a one semester statistics course. Please use the discount code: PhilaU-midwifery. If you have not been using statistics in your practice, we strongly recommend that you take Statistics I, II and III for credit as part of your application process.
- Two professional letters of reference addressing your aptitude for scholarly work and leadership roles
- Statement of purpose (approximately 700-800 words)
- Academic Writing Sample, or published peer reviewed article, or GRE with writing score of ≥ 3.5
- NACES accredited US course-by-course equivalency evaluation. We typically work with World Education Services.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for all applicants who do not hold at least a Bachelor's degree from a US institution of higher education. Guidelines:
- 100 on the Internet-based TOEFL
- 600 on the paper-based TOEFL
- 250 on the computer-based TOEFL
- IELTS score of 7 or higher