M.S. in Midwifery Completion Program classes begin three times a year, in fall, spring and summer. We have rolling admissions and application materials are accepted throughout the year. The deadlines for complete admissions materials to be received are as follows:
Fall class (August start)
Spring class (January start)
April 1st preferred deadline
September 1st preferred deadline
June 1st final deadline
November 1st final deadline
MS Completion Students have the additional option of a summer (late May) start.
The Deadline for summer start is March 1st preferred, April 1st Final.
To be eligible for admission to Philadelphia University's Master of Science Completion Program in Midwifery, you must have the following credentials:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Completion of a three-credit statistics course.
- Completion of or current enrollment in an ACME (Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education) accredited midwifery education program with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Standardized test scores (GRE) are recommended but not required.
- Two letters of reference.
- Writing sample - a critique of an article that appeared in the Journal of Midwifery & Women’s Health within the last year (not required of Midwifery Institute Alumnae).
- Professional resume or CV
- Personal essay
Qualified applicants will be granted a telephone interview by a Philadelphia University faculty member.
If you have questions concerning the program itself, please contact:
Tanya Tringali,CNM, MS
Admissions Assistant & Academic Mentor, Midwifery Program
Dana B. Perlman, CNM, MSN
Midwifery Admissions Coordinator