WebAdvisor authentication has been unified and synchronized with the university's network and email accounts. Users will no longer be required to use a separate username and password for the WebAdvisor system.
1. To access WebAdvisor go to www.philau.edu and click on "Web Advisor" (located toward the top right-hand corner of the page).
2. Click the "Log In" button (located in the middle of the page).
3. Type in "YourUserName/Password".
4. Click on the "Faculty" link, and then the "Grading" link.
5. After clicking the "Grading" link, select the appropriate term. Listed here are all the of the instructor's sections.
NOTE: In the case of sections with shared instructors, the grades should be submitted by the primary instructor for the section. If various instructors are responsible for individual students within the same section, each instructor should grade the students for whom he/she is responsible.
6. Once a section roster is opened to grade, there is an area noted "Mid-Term Grades" (at the end of the term, there will similarly be "Final Grades").
7. Click on the first student on the list and enter the appropriate grade. Move to the second student and enter the grade. Then proceed through the list to the last student.
8. When finished, click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen. This process may take a few seconds to complete so please wait until the system has completed its cycle.
9. Once completed, move to the next section roster and repeat the grade entry.
10. Teachers may want to print a copy of each page for their records.
NOTE: If problems still persist after following these steps contact the Technology Help Desk for assistance. To place a work order to a WebAdvisor technician, the user must include the EXACT error message that appears on the screen.
NOTE: To allow time for system maintenance, WebAdvisor is unavailable 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. daily.
1. Once a section is opened to grade, select "Final Grades” from the drop down menu.
2. Click on the first student on the list and enter the appropriate grade. Move to the second student and enter the grade. Then proceed through the list to the last student.
NOTE: Valid grades are (A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D+, D, F, I, CR, and NC).
NOTE: Graduate level classes do not use the grades of D+ or D. "WF" and "W" grades should NOT be used by faculty.
NOTE: If the student has formally dropped the class, he or she will not appear on your list. The "I" grade should only be used if the student has work because of illness or an emergency beyond the student's control. If the student can complete the missing requirements within the prescribed time limit, the student can earn a "D" or better for the course. The "I" grade should also be used if the student has requested an incomplete grade and an Agreement for the Completion of Work Outstanding form has been completed. This form is located on "Outlook Public Folders" under "Faculty".
NOTE: Please note that "I" grades will automatically be converted to failures if the grade is not otherwise changed by Friday, September 19, 2008.
3. When the grades for a section are entered, click on "Submit". Users are now forwarded to a confirmation screen which displays the grades that were entered. Teachers can select "Print Friendly" to print a copy for their records.
NOTE: Further grade entry instructions are available through Web Advisor under the Time-out feature. If instructors don't finish a section within a period of time, the system will take the user out of the Web Advisor grading system. If the user is called away from the computer, the user should "Submit" what is finished and return to grade the remaining students in that section later. If the user has a particularly large section, the user may wish to "Submit" partway through, then continue with the balance of the section.
For further assistance, please contact the Technology Help Desk at 215-951-4648 or by Email at HelpDesk@PhilaU.edu