VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows users to access Philadelphia University servers remotely using either a Windows-based PC or a Macintosh.
Philadelphia University students and staff can use VPN to access the home directory, Artemis and other resources. Please follow the steps below to connect to the Philadelphia University network. If any difficulties arise, be sure to use the correct network password and disable any firewalls or security software that may be blocking the connection.
1. Connect to the Internet.
2. Open a web browser and go to http://vpn.philau.edu.
3. Login with YourUserName/Password combination. This UserName/Password combination is the same as the one used for WebAdvisor.
4. Enter the domain, either STUDENT or PHILACOL (for faculty and staff).
(Note: If no Domain option exists, the user may need to express their username as STUDENT\username or PHILACOL\username.)
5. Once directed to the new page, click on the link for "NetExtender".
6. Follow the installation instructions.
7. A little gray "N" will appear in the user's taskbar on the bottom right corner of the screen.
8. Double-click the "N".
9. A new window will open. Type YourUserName/Password and domain and click connect.
10. If the combination is correct registration window will change to one with three tabs displaying "Status, Routes, DNS". There will also be a small button at the bottom to disconnect.
11. The user is now connected to the University via the NetExtender VPN.
For further assistance, please contact the Technology Help Desk at 215-951-4648 or by Email at HelpDesk@PhilaU.edu