The MS in Occupational Therapy is for students who have completed a bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline who want to become occupational therapists.
PhilaU’s Occupational Therapy program is offered in a blended learning format which includes an intensive weekend delivery. Classes meet on Thursday evening, Friday and Saturday, over eight weekends within a semester (generally every other weekend). Between sessions, students complete assignments and participate in learning activities off-campus, through distance education technology. The MS in OT can be completed within 2.5 academic years, including fieldwork.
As a blended learning program where students meet two weekends a month, this program is for highly motivated students who:
- Are self-directed learners
- Demonstrate well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Possess good time management
- Display the ability to synthesize and apply both technical and conceptual information in clinical settings, and
- Work collaboratively with peers.
Before you consider applying to the program make sure to read all program requirements.