For General PhilaU Financial Aid Information, click here.
Listed below are specific opportunities or resources for occupational therapy scholarships and financial aid.
The American Occupational Therapy Foundation (AOTF)
Offers more than 90 scholarships annually to students enrolled in OT programs at all levels. Corporations, charitable organizations, private individuals, and state occupational therapy associations contribute funds for the scholar-ships. Although each award has its own requirements, all recipients must be currently enrolled full time in an OT educational program. You must also be an AOTA member.
The American Occupational Therapy Association
The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), with the assistance of the Assembly of Student Delegates Steering Committee, has developed a comprehensive listing of scholarship information on its Web site.
E. K. Wise Loan Program
AOTA’s Membership department administers the E.K. Wise Loan Program. It is restricted to students entering an entry-level master’s or post-professional master’s curriculum in occupational therapy. The program offers a one-time loan of up to $5,000 for female students who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States. The loan must be repaid within three years of graduation or earlier should the recipient withdraw from the approved course of study before graduating. Call 800-729-2682, x2760 for more information.
Scholarships for Therapists is administered by the National AMBUCS, Inc. a non-profit service association commit-ted to creating independence for persons with disabilities. Must be enrolled in an entry-level occupational therapy educational program (assistant programs are not eligible).
The following links were identified by the 2002–2003 Steering Committee of the Assembly of Student Delegates. If there is an organization not listed that you would recommend, please send that information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships for the General Student Population:
- College Board Scholarship Search
- College Connection Scholarships
- FastWEB Scholarship Search
- Federal Scholarships & Aid Gateways
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Site
- Marine Corps Scholarships
- Roothbert Scholarship Fund (The)
- Tylenol Scholarships
- Union Sponsored Scholarships and Aid
- Wired Scholar Free Scholarship Search
Scholarships for Minority Students:
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Scholarships
- BOEING Scholarships (some HBCU connects)
- College Fund/UNCF
- Gates Millennium Scholarships
- The Hispanic College Fund
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarships
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- Sallie Mae Corporation
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Help
- State Farm Insurance Hispanic Scholarships
- University Alliance—Aid & Resources for Re-Entry Students
Financial Aid Sites
- FAFSA On The Web
- Federal Student Aid
- Sallie Mae Corporation
- University Alliance—Aid and Resources for Re-Entry Students
If you have specific questions about a career in occupational therapy, please contact email@example.com.
Visit www.aota.org for more information about the profession and the activities of the American Occupational Therapy Association.