Student Occupational Therapy Association at Philadelphia University (SOTA)
The Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA) at Philadelphia University is a subdivision of the Association of Student Delegates, a component of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
The Philadelphia University SOTA functions on a pre-professional level with the purpose of:
- Supporting and facilitating student success
- Increasing the awareness and appreciation of the profession in the community
- Providing a university forum for the exchange of ideas related to occupational therapy
- Raising funds for participation in national and state level professional association activities, such as conferences
- Supporting national issues by sending a student delegate to the annual AOTA conference
Students govern with a faculty member acting as an advisor.
Activities include exhibits, demonstrations of OT to the public, guest presentations, visits to institutions, social events, food drives, participating in state-wide organizations such as the Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association (POTA), and fundraising for SOTA events and for charity.
Membership is open to all enrolled Occupational Therapy students. Students who are interested in taking a leadership role within SOTA are encouraged to contact representatives of the current association.
SOTA Officers 2015-2016
- President: Rachel Ballard & Erin Brennan
- Vice President: Elizabeth Lombard
- Treasurer: Michaela VanAntwerp
- Secretary: Mehek Haider
- POTA District V Rep: Almeria Zan
- Publicity Chair: Abigail Keogh
- Events Coordinator: Andrea Curcio & Alexandra Campell
- Faculty Advisor: Bridget Trivinia