The MS in Occupational Therapy is for students who have completed a bachelor’s degree, in any academic discipline, who want to become occupational therapists.
PhilaU’s Occupational Therapy program is offered in a blended-learning format which includes an intensive weekend delivery. On-campus class meetings occur on Friday and Saturday (and occasional Thursday evenings), over eight weekends within a semester (generally every other weekend). Between on-campus sessions, students complete assignments and participate in learning activities online, through distance education technology. The MS in OT can be completed within 2.5 academic years, including fieldwork.
As a blended learning program where students meet two weekends a month, this program is for highly motivated students who:
- Are self-directed learners
- Demonstrate well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Possess good time management
- Display the ability to synthesize and apply both technical and conceptual information in clinical settings, and
- Work collaboratively with peers.
Before you consider applying to the program make sure to read all program requirements.