This option is designed for those students with a completed bachelor's degree or near completion of a degree that will be finished prior to admission.
- Individuals must submit an application to the Philadelphia University Physician Assistant Studies Program through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) by November 1 of the year prior to desired matriculation.
- For CASPA Frequently Asked Questions go to: http://help.unicas.com:8888/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/processing-your-application/grade-point-average-gpa-calculations/index.html
- Applicants must have or be near the completion of a bachelor’s degree that will be completed in entirety prior to matriculating.
- Applicants must have 200 hours of documented patient contact experience in a paid or volunteer capacity (not shadowing) prior to applying to the program.
- Applicants must submit three (3) letters of reference preferably from health care providers, supervisors and professors who truly know you.
- Applicants must have a CASPA calculated cumulative GPA and science GPA of 3.25.
- No GRE required.
- Applicants must have completed all prerequisite courses within the last 10 years with a grade of C or better or have a definitive plan for completion of prerequisite courses prior to beginning the program. If courses are older than 10 years a waiver may be requested
- Applicants completing their coursework at a foreign institution must submit their transcripts through an approved transcript evaluation service for evaluation directly to CASPA. Note: all prerequisite courses must be completed at a US institution.
- Applicants must successfully complete an interview and be offered a seat in the program.
- Student must be able to meet matriculation requirements, including technical standards, background clearances, and immunization requirements.
Recommended courses include:
- Abnormal and Developmental Psychology
- Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
International students must submit an official transcript evaluation from an approved service directly to CASPA. Our preferred service is World Education Services (WES). For more information on WES, please visit www.wes.org All prerequisite courses must be completed at a U.S. institution.
International Students applying for admission to Graduate programs must fulfill one of the following:
Computer based 213
Paper based 550
IELTS requirements for admission are 6.5 overall band score.
ELS: International students who are taking ELS courses will need to complete level 112.
The Physician Assistant Program does not give advanced standing. All Professional Phase courses must be satisfactorily completed as described in the Progression Criteria.
Advanced Placement (AP), CLEP Credit, and Online courses
AP examination credit can be utilized to fulfill undergraduate prerequisite coursework only if the credit is documented on the college transcript of the granting institution. As of 2016, CLEP credit is not acceptable. Online courses may be used to fulfill prerequisite coursework, however, minimum credits, need for lab, and course grade requirements are the same for in-class or online courses.