Why Choose PhilaU?
- Our PANCE pass rate averaged 95% for the last 5 years.
- Our job placement has been 100% for the past several years.
- A PA faculty member was awarded the PAragon Award for Outstanding Physician Assistant by the AAPA in 2011.
- The University and main campus is located in the East Falls section of Philadelphia. This location is an intersection for the natural beauty of Fairmont Park and the bustling metropolitan life offered by Center City.
- The Philadelphia metropolitan area offers a wide variety of medical opportunities and experiences, from free clinics to major university hospitals.
- The New Jersey campus will initially be located in Stockton University’s Carnegie Center, a campus center in the Atlantic City resort area, one block off the beach. It will provide a dynamic adult learning environment. The Carnegie Center includes classrooms, physical diagnosis laboratory and simulation spaces, a computer lab, a student lounge, faculty offices, and seminar rooms.
- We have long-standing relationships with many local physician offices and clinics, major teaching hospitals and community hospitals in the Philadelphia region.
- Students have the opportunity to rotate in a rural Mississippi hospital to gain a different type of clinical experience.
- Students have participated in medical mission trips to Central America through the Philadelphia University Global Medical Brigade.
- Our students are often involved with philanthropic pursuits with local and national charities.
- The Philadelphia University PA Studies Program strives to create excellent clinicians as well as excellent human beings.
- Strong scientific foundation courses support the clinically oriented coursework.
- Students have clinical experiences integrated into the didactic year by performing histories and physicals at local hospitals and completing emergency room shifts in local emergency departments.
- In addition to the prescribed rotations of Primary Care, Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, we offer an Elective rotation for students to explore another area of medicine that they might be interested in pursuing.
- Our faculty to student ratio is 14:1 on the main campus and 8:1 on the New Jersey campus which allows for individualized attention for each student.
- All faculty are still clinically practicing in areas such as family medicine, internal medicine, emergency medicine, occupational health, and orthopedics.
- Faculty strive to maintain an open door policy for students to seek out additional information, to offer help with difficult concepts, or help to support students through the stresses of PA education.
- Students have access to a full-dissection cadaver lab for Advanced Anatomy.
- The Program has 3 medical simulators that students can use as learning models.