Undergraduate Entry applicants apply to the combined B.S. in Health Sciences/M.S. in Physician Assistant Studies program through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Philadelphia University. The deadline to apply for the following academic year, Fall admission, is January 15th. We will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis starting in September.
Successful applicants are typically strong students academically, especially in the sciences, with strong SAT/ACT scores. Healthcare experience is not required but is of benefit.
Questions should be directed to Undergraduate Admissions at Admissions@philau.edu or 215-951-2800.
Complete applications to the 5 year B.S. Health Sciences/M.S. Physician Assistant Studies Program must be postmarked by January 15th. Incomplete applications will be reviewed for the applicant’s second choice major after the January 15th application deadline.
- Physician Assistant Application Checklist
Clip the completed checklist to your application. Check off the items that are included in the envelope. Write "NA" in the space for items that are not applicable to you.
- General University Application for Admission or The Common Application
- PA Supplemental Application
- Official High School Transcript
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- International students must submit TOEFL test results.
- Three Letters of Reference
Recommenders can submit a letter of reference on their own institution’s letterhead. Alternatively, they can use the form provided. The student will fill out the top portion of these forms labeled "Applicant." The waiver signature on the form is suggested but not mandatory. Three completed recommendations must be submitted in sealed envelopes with references' signatures across envelope flaps. These preferably should be from individuals who are familiar with your academic, volunteer or occupational work such as a teacher or supervisor. Family recommendations are not appropriate.
- Personal Essay
Please submit a typed one-page essay of at least 250 words, discussing your motivation for wanting to be a PA and attributes you have that make you well suited for the PA profession.
- Professional Resume (optional)
- $40 non-refundable application fee payable to Philadelphia University
Check or money order is acceptable.
- Please mail, postmarked by January 15th, to:
Office of Admissions
4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144-5497
- Qualified Applicants will be contacted for phone interviews shortly after review of their completed application packet.