Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get work done?

Submit a work order request by clicking on the iService Desk link to the right.
*Please note that you must be on the university network in order to access the system listed above.

**NEW**  Download the PhilaU Mobile App and Select "Work Request"  Click Here for more info.

How do I request keys for my office?

Keys may be requested by filling out the key request form on the iService Desk. Please refer to the key control procedure for more detailed information found here.

Who has to approve a work order?

1.  Anyone from the university community can initiate a work order for repairs.

2. Approval by the appropriate number of President's Council is needed for modification or capital improvement work. For projects over $10,000 a Project Appropriation Request (PAR) is needed.

You can view PAR procedures and forms by clicking on the links below.

PAR Procedures

PAR Forms

3. For activity setups or functions - A work order will not be accepted unless the appropriate paperwork has been filled out through the Campus Reservationist and approved by the Director of Student Activities.

What are RAM Techs?

Right Away Maintenance technicians are members of the Physical Plant crew that respond immediately to emergency work requests. You will see them driving golf carts that allow them to maneuver easily through the center of campus and transport tools for the job. Although a RAM tech will respond quickly to scope out the problem, please keep in mind that larger issues may require a return visit from another member of our staff.

What are the Physical Plant hours?

Office hours: Monday thru Friday 9 AM to 5 PM

The Plant operates:

24 hours a day, 7 days a week
The Plant is also on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
(For emergencies only, please call Security at 215-951-2999.)

What are important Physical Plant numbers?

Work order questions: 215-951- 5677
Other business: 215-951-2945
Fax: 215-951-2585

What are the cleaning hours for offices, classroom and residence halls?

Offices    Mon. - Fri. 5:00 PM - 7:00 AM
                 Sat. - Sun. 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Classrooms    Mon. - Fri. 5:00 PM - 7:00 AM
                  Sat. - Sun. 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Dorms     Mon. - Fri. 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
                  Sat. - Sun. 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM

How do I become a student worker?

In order to become a student worker at the Physical Plant, please contact Kim Piechuta at 215-951-2948.
In order to become a student painter make sure you sign up early in the Spring semester.