How to Apply
- A completed Application form
personal statement (1-2 pages, double spaced) answering the following:
- Describe your career goals.
- How will participation in Philadelphia University’s Associate of Science degree in OTA Studies program assist you in achieving these goals?
- Discuss some of the reasons you are considering OT as a career.
- A current resume as evidence of your work or extracurricular experiences.
- Official transcripts (sealed) from the high school from which you graduated or GED certificate AND any accredited colleges/universities (if applicable) that you have previously attended
and complete two occupational therapy site visits.
- Candidates to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Studies program will be expected to share firsthand knowledge of Occupational Therapy gained through a minimum of visits to two distinctly different occupational therapy sites. For example, long term care/rehab and pediatric out-patient or school based.
- These visits must be completed prior to your interview and the Occupational Therapy Site Visit form must be completed in full and submitted prior to your interview.
Once all your information is submitted and reviewed you will be contacted via email to schedule and complete an in-person interview with an OTA faculty member. The applicant checklist may help you keep track of your progress through the application process. Hyperlink checklist
Qualified applicants are offered admission on a rolling basis throughout the year. Qualified applicants are required to confirm their acceptance of admission by submitting a $500 tuition deposit.
The OTA Studies course sequence starts in September after an orientation which is scheduled in late summer preceding the start of classes.
All admission materials should be submitted by mail to the following address:
Director, Occupational Therapy Assistant Studies Program
Continuing and Professional Studies
4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Please call or email Philadelphia University's School of Continuing and Professional Studies: Phone- 215.951.2900 or email- Evening@PhilaU.edu