Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant Studies
Experience Philadelphia University’s Signature Learning with its emphasis on accelerated, experiential, self-directed learning guided by faculty and mentors in the profession.
Below, you will find some key points about the Program.
- PhilaU’s OTA Studies program is delivered in an innovative hybrid learning model, where students attend classroom sessions 2 nights a week and Saturdays each term (the remaining educational dialogue occurs off-campus through distance learning technologies). Each term runs eight weeks with five terms scheduled each year. Entry into the Program is always in September.
- Classes meet Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 6:00 – 10:00p.m. and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 1 p.m.
On-line learning activities are routinely assigned using the Blackboard distance learning technology.
- Classroom activity focuses on discussion, role playing and hands-on experiences guided by faculty and mentors in the profession creating enhanced opportunities for students to practice their skills, ask questions and learn.
- There is
a strong clinical component: 5 clinical placements during the program – 2 full
time and 3 part-time. The final two terms consist of two eight-week, full-time
day clinical placements.
3 different terms include experiences at clinical sites, 36 hours each term.
- Financial aid opportunities are available
- If you want to continue your education at Philadelphia University, Continuing and Professional Studies at Philadelphia University offers an Accelerated Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program.
We are delighted to share this information about the OTA Studies program. Thank you for considering Philadelphia University. We look forward to meeting with you in the near future.
Please call or email Philadelphia University's School of Continuing and Professional Studies: Phone- 215.951.2900 or email- Evening@PhilaU.edu