INTERIOR DECORATING CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
The School of Continuing and Professional Studies offers a non-credit certificate program in Interior Decorating.
Have you always been interested creating beautiful spaces? Are you the one your friends call when they want decorating advice?
This non-credit certificate program is geared toward those wishing to gain knowledge of the essentials of interior decorating, either for use in a career or for personal satisfaction. A certificate of completion will be awarded to students who successfully complete this eight-course sequence.
- Interior Decorating Fundamentals (No Prerequisite/recommended first course) - offered fall, spring and summer
- Space Planning (Prerequisite: Fundamentals) - offered fall and spring
- Introduction to Textiles & Materials (Prerequisite: Fundamentals) offered spring
- Lighting (Prerequisite: Fundamentals and Space Planning) - offered fall and spring
- Historic Styles (Prerequisites: Fundamentals, Space Planning, Introduction to Textiles & Materials) - offered fall only
- Color Workshop (No Prerequisite) - offered fall, spring and summer
- Drawing for Interiors (No Prerequisite) - offered summer and fall
- Residential Decorating (Last course taken for the Certificate Program. Prerequisites: all other 7 courses) - offered twice a year, schedule varies
There are a variety of non-required elective courses offered to enhance the learning process and knowledge of the interior decorating field.
Class handouts and some materials are included in the course fees. Some classes may require the purchase of books or other materials. Students can complete the program at their own pace and are encouraged to not take more than a few classes at the same time. Classes are offered in the evening; however, occasionally, a class may be held in the day-time or on a Saturday. Certain day-time field trips are required. Course offerings vary per semester and not all courses are offered every semester. Students should refer to the course descriptions and required prerequisites before registering for a course.
REFUND POLICY - In the event a course is canceled by the University, every attempt will be made to enroll you in another course or a full refund will be issued. Any cancellations made by the student must be made at least five business days before the start of class or a refund will not be granted. Please note that if you register for a course, and you do not attend, you are still responsible for the payment.
Please call or email Philadelphia University's School of Continuing and Professional Studies: Phone- 215.951.2900 or email- Evening@PhilaU.edu
REGISTRATIONTo register for this course, please
contact: The Office of Continuing &
Professional Studies. Registration can
be taken via phone at 215.951.2900
or fax at 215.951.5300. Payment in
full with a credit card is due at time of
registration. Once registered, students
will receive a receipt of payment
and additional course materials
approximately two weeks prior to the
start date. Refunds will not be granted
unless requested at least five business
days prior to the course start date.