INTEGRATING CURRICULAR & CO-CURRICULAR LEARNING: ACTIVITIES & STATUS
First Year Experience
- Revised and enhanced collaboration with faculty and student life.
- Common reading used in New Student Orientation and in first year writing and history classes.
Day of Service
- Led by a team of faculty, staff and students, the 2nd annual Day of Service was successfully completed
- 80% of faculty-led projects were directly related to the major/profession
- 2009-2010 project underway
- Planning in process for spring 2010
- Number of projects in progress, including Interior Design students working with Make A Wish.
- SERVE 101course in place.
Career, internship and study abroad opportunities
- Specific objectives defined
- Assessment tools identified
- CareerCOMPASS for first-year students to map out plan for establishing their careers.
- Faculty/Career Services collaboration underway re: resume writing
- LinkedIn pilot project launched -- integrating LinkedIn with Writing Seminar II course material