Frequently Asked Questions

When will my student account statement be available?   

Electronic statements will be available two weeks before the tuition due date each semester. Monthly statements are generated by the second Friday of each month for students with outstanding balances. The University does not mail tuition statements. Statements are available to students in QuikPAY which can be accessed via WebAdvisor. Students may set up an authorized payer  to be emailed when monthly statements are available. 

When is my payment for tuition and fees (including room and board) due? Undergraduate students: Fall semester payment is due on July 31st annually. Spring semester payment is due on January 5th annually. Summer, Summer I and Summer II payments are due on the first day of the semester.

Evening and Graduate students: Tuition is due on the first day of each semester.

What forms of payment are accepted? We accept online tuition payments via QuikPAY. There is no fee to pay by electronic check. Credit card payments (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and VISA) will be assessed a 2.75% service fee. You may also pay your balance by mail or in person with a personal or certified check, money order, or cash (in person only).

Where do I mail my payment?  Checks and money orders can be mailed to:  Philadelphia University, PO Box 95000-4210, Philadelphia, PA 19195-0001.  Please be sure to include the student ID# in the memo section of the check.

Can I pay my bill online? Yes. For your convenience, payments are accepted online via QuikPAY. You may access QuikPAY via WebAdvisor From the Student menu, access the QuikPAY link on the Billing Information menu. 

What happens if I cannot pay my account balance by the payment due date? If you are having difficulty paying your student account balance, please contact the Student Accounts Office immediately. We will review your account and work with you to explore all payment options. 

Is there a monthly payment plan? Yes. Philadelphia University offers a monthly payment option through Tuition Management Systems (TMS) for a nominal fee. 

Undergraduate students: You may contact TMS directly at 1-800-343-0911 or to enroll.

Evening and graduate students: Please contact the Student Accounts office at 215-951-5988 or to be enrolled in a TMS payment plan. 

Why isn’t my resident security deposit on my student account statement? The University holds your resident security deposit until you are no longer a resident student. Upon leaving campus residency or graduation, your security deposit will be applied to any outstanding balance on your student account. Any remaining amount will be refunded to you. 

May I cash personal checks on campus? You may cash personal checks up to $100.00 per day at the Cashier’s Office during posted hours. You must present your valid student ID. There are also two ATM locations on campus; one is on the lower level of the Kanbar Student Center outside the Bookstore and the other is in the Mott Breezeway. 

What is my campus card and how may I use it? Your campus card is your student ID and allows you access to your meal plan, the library, vending machines, copiers, campus store, health center and mail services. You may deposit funds in person at the Cashier’s Office, over the phone by calling the Student Accounts Office or online at Funds are available immediately when deposited online. 

Does the University offer health insurance? You are required to have health insurance coverage through a family plan, individual plan or the University-sponsored health and accident plan. The University is partners with Academic Health Plans for the student health and accident insurance. The annual 2014-2015 policy begins 8/20/14 and ends 8/19/15. The 2013-2014 premium is $1,240.00.

What is Tuition Insurance?  Tuition Insurance is insurance coverage that insures the student's annual tuition and fee charges in the event that the student must withdraw from the Unviversity due to a serious illness or accident after the published tuition refund deadlines.  For more information on this coverage please go to the student section on this website that applies to you (i.e Undergraduate Day) and view the information about Tuition Insurance.

How do I waive the Health or Tuition Insurance?  Waivers for both the Health Insurance and Dewar Tuition Insurance are available in the Billing Information Section of WebAdvisor.  

How do I receive my student work-study funds? Student payroll is available every other Friday. Checks are available for pick-up at the Cashier’s Office during posted hours. Direct deposit is also available.

Rachel Yee-Horvath
Student Accounts Associate
Responsible for currently enrolled undergraduate day students whose last names begin with the letters A through K 

Phone: (215) 951-0256

Judy Connelly 
Student Accounts Associate

Responsible for currently enrolled undergraduate day students whose last names begin with the letters L through Z

Phone: (215) 951-5641

Tasha Brown
Student Accounts Associate
Responsible for all currently enrolled undergraduate evening and graduate students

Phone: (215) 951-5643