The University has five 12-passenger vans available for use. Should individuals or departments need use of these vans for University related activities; the following must be adhered to:All University employees, full-time and part-time, who reached the minimum age of 21yrs. old, are permitted to drive the vehicles without a safety course. This also includes graduate students.
- All key pickups will be made during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm, at the Athletics Office in the Gallagher Center. Keys should be returned to Erin Mann, Administrative Assistant, in the Athletics Office. If it is after normal business hours, keys may be returned to the front desk of the Gallagher Center as late as 10:00pm Monday-Thursday, and 6:00pm Saturday & Sunday during the academic year.
- Individual departments not returning keys in a timely fashion will be restricted for future use. Keys should be returned no later than the start of the following business day.
- Reservations will need to be requested not later than 48 hours before the time of departure for the trip.
- Reservations for the vehicles will be scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You will be able to reserve vehicles in person or online. A reservation form can be found on the Department of Athletics website. We will require a scanned copy of your photo license. However, all key pick-ups will be in person, and all reservation form issues will be addressed at that time.
- A valid license will be required of all driver’s, no exceptions.
- No mileage fees will be charged for any of the six University vehicles.
- Upon departure from the Gallagher Center each vehicle will have a full tank of gas.
- An account number will be taken from each department and they will be charged the cost of a tank fill up, and a $35 service fee, if they do not return the vehicle with a full tank of gas. Employees will be reimbursed (by their department) the cost of the fill-up through the normal business expense reimbursement form and process.
- liIndividuals or groups using the vans are expected to return the vehicles in the condition that they found it; which will be neat, organized and clean.
- liAny and all van pick-ups and returns will be to the back of the Gallagher Center (not in the parking garage or any other campus sites) along the fence line.
- Under no circumstances should the athletic vans transport more passengers than the vehicle limits.
Available Vehicles for Rent:
Van 48 – 12 passenger Van 66 – 12 passenger
Van 55 – 12 passenger Van 77 – 12 passenger
Van 82 – 12 passenger Toyota Camry – 4-door sedan
If you are going to cancel a trip, please notify the Department of Athletics A.S.A.P. at 215-951-2720.