Apply as a First-Year Student
To print an application and apply to Philadelphia University as a daytime, undergraduate student, you can submit the PhilaU Application.
Mail completed applications to the Office of Admissions:
Office of Admissions
4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
To be considered for admission to Philadelphia University, first year applicants must submit:
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Official high school transcript(s)
- SAT and/or ACT scores. The PhilaU code for the SAT is 2666 and the ACT is 3668.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor who can speak to your academic preparation and college readiness. An academic recommendation form is available to download by clicking here
- Essay of at least 250 words. Please choose from one of the essay prompts below.
Freshmen Essay Prompts (please note specific essay prompts for OT and PA applicants below):
1. Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
2. The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
3. Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
4. Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma-anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
5. Discuss an accomplishment or event, formal or informal that marked your transition from childhood to adulthood within your culture, community, or family.
Health Sciences/Occupational Therapy and Psychology/Occupational Therapy Applicants Essay Prompt:
Please submit an essay of at least 250 words discussing your motivation for wanting to be an Occupational Therapist (OT) and attributes you have that make you well suited for the OT profession. Limit to one page.
Physician’s Assistant Applicants Essay Prompt:
Please submit an essay of at least 250 words discussing your motivation for wanting to be a Physician Assistant (PA) and attributes you have that make you well suited for the PA profession. Limit to one page.
Physician Assistant applicants must also submit three letters of recommendation and complete an application supplement that can be found by clicking here.
Note: Philadelphia University does not require a portfolio review for first year applicants. If an applicant has some college-level coursework, we may require a portfolio review to assess transferable credit.
Once your application materials are received, your application will be presented to the Admissions Committee and you will be notified of a decision in approximately 4-6 weeks.