Apply as an International Student
To print an application and apply to Philadelphia University as a daytime, undergraduate student, you can submit the PhilaU Application or download a print application upon logging into your Common Application account.
Mail completed applications to the Office of Admissions:
Office of Admissions
4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
For more information about the Common Application, visit CommonApp.org to learn about this college application that is accepted by more than 450 higher education institutions.
To be considered for admission to Philadelphia University, international applicants must submit:
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Attested copies of secondary school marks (grades 9-11)*
- Attested copies of university marks (if applicable)*
- One of the following marks of English proficiency:
- TOEFL, SAT, ACT or IELTS scores
- Minimum TOEFL scores: 61 IBT and 500 PBT
- Minimum IELTS score: 6
- PhilaU test codes: TOEFL (2666); SAT (2666), ACT (3668)
- ELS Certificate with successful completion of Level 112
- English Composition I from a U.S. college or university
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor who can speak to your academic preparation and university readiness. An academic recommendation form is available to download by clicking here.
- Essay or untimed writing sample of at least 250 words
*Photocopies of school records are permissible, but they must be unopened and sealed/attested by the school.
Note: Students applying for transfer to Architecture or Fashion Design must submit a portfolio.