Checklist for International Students
1. Learn more about Philadelphia University!
- Visit campus or take a virtual tour
- Review the Financial Matters and Academic Majors pages
- Check out our Student Journals and Ask a Student sites
- October 1 – preferred deadline for the spring (January) semester
- March 1 – preferred deadline for the Fall (August) semester
We review applications beyond these preferred deadlines. We recommend these dates to allow ample time to review the application, receive the I-20 materials, and issue an I-20 to qualified students.
3. Receive a decision letter in approximately 4-6 weeks
4. Submit I-20 Materials for the F-1 Visa
This will reserve a spot in your program and residence hall.
We strongly encourage international students to reside on campus in their first year. A $550 deposit reserves a spot in the program and room and covers the orientation fee.
6. Receive your I-20 for the F-1 Visa.
I-20s are sent via DHL and you will receive a confirmation and tracking number.
7. Schedule your visa appointment.
For more information, click here.
8. Receive housing, health and orientation forms and billing information
- In July for Fall (August) semester students
- In December for spring (January) semester students
9. Set up your move-in date and register for our International, START and New Student Orientations.
You will have the opportunity to purchase items (toiletries, sheets) for your dorm room once you arrive. The orientations will include English and math placement tests, one-on-one academic advising and course selection, programming on maintaining your visa status, and activities to get you better acquainted with our campus.