Apply as a First-Year Student
To print an application and apply to Philadelphia University as a daytime, undergraduate student, you can submit the PhilaU Application or download a print application upon logging into your Common Application account.
Mail completed applications to the Office of Admissions:
Office of Admissions
4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
For more information about the Common Application, visit CommonApp.org to learn about this college application that is accepted by more than 450 higher education institutions.
To be considered for admission to Philadelphia University, first year applicants must submit:
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Official high school transcript(s)
- SAT and/or ACT scores. The PhilaU Code is 2666.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor who can speak to your academic preparation and college readiness. An academic recommendation form is available to download by clicking here
- Essay or untimed writing sample of at least 250 words
Physician’s Assistant Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation and complete an application supplement that can be found by clicking here.
Note: Philadelphia University does not require a portfolio review for first year applicants. If an applicant has some college-level coursework, we may require a portfolio review to assess transferable credit.
Once your application materials are received, your application will be presented to the Admissions Committee and you will be notified of a decision in approximately 4-6 weeks.