Apply as a First-Year Student
To print an application and apply to Philadelphia University as a daytime, undergraduate student, you can submit the PhilaU Application.
Mail completed applications to the Office of Admissions:
Office of Admissions
4201 Henry Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144
To be considered for admission to Philadelphia University, first year applicants must submit:
- $40 non-refundable application fee
- Official high school transcript(s)
- SAT and/or ACT scores. The PhilaU code for the SAT is 2666 and the ACT is 3668.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor who can speak to your academic preparation and college readiness. An academic recommendation form is available to download by clicking here
- Essay or untimed writing sample of at least 250 words
Physician’s Assistant Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation and complete an application supplement that can be found by clicking here.
Note: Philadelphia University does not require a portfolio review for first year applicants. If an applicant has some college-level coursework, we may require a portfolio review to assess transferable credit.
Once your application materials are received, your application will be presented to the Admissions Committee and you will be notified of a decision in approximately 4-6 weeks.