The University Personnel Committee was commissioned by the Provost’s Office at the beginning of the 2012-13 academic year to revise the faculty contract procedures and schedules in accordance with the new Shared Governance structure.
In 2013-14, the Provost's Office in consultation with the University Personnel Committee revised the Faculty Manual. The Provost's Office sponsored an open comment period between August 2014 and January 2015. The Manual was adopted in January 2015 and is hereafter called the Faculty Manual (2015).
The Faculty Manual (2015) will be in effect for the reviews of all new faculty hires. All faculty reviews in 2016‐17 and after will be conducted in accordance the Faculty Manual (2015).
The revised Review Schedules found in the Appendix of Faculty Manual (2015) will be in effect for the reviews scheduled for 2015‐16 and after.
All other aspects of the Faculty Manual (2015) were effective January 20, 2015.
Faculty Contract and Tenure Review Procedures and Schedules (in effect for 2016-17)
- Evidence of Professional Development by College
- Probationary Contract Reviews
- Tenure and Long Term Contract Reviews
- Initial 7-Yr Contracts (year 4 of 5-Yr contract) - Spring semester
- Renewal of 7-Yr Contract (year 6 of 7-Yr contract) - Spring semester
- 5-Yr Contracts and Tenure with Promotion (year 6) - Fall semester
Dossiers Reference Materials
Electronic dossier submission is recommended. A Blackboard site will be set up for candidates up for contract or tenure review. Here are some helpful documents whether you are a candidate or a reviewer.
- Dossier Requirements (created by the PC September 2013; edited 6/18/14; edited 5/1/15)
- Instructions and Best Practices for Submitting an Electronic Dossier using Blackboard
- Securing a PDF
- Trouble viewing a PDF?
Promotion Procedures and Schedules (in effect for 2016-17)
- Promotion to Full Professor Schedule (Fall through Spring semesters)
Sabbatical and Leaves Procedures
The number of available sabbaticals for the 2016-2017 academic year will be announced in July 2016. Sabbatical applications are due to your executive dean by October 1st. Please refer to your College Personnel Committee chair for additional information.
- Sabbatical Application Schedule (Fall semester)
- Leave of Absence
- Senior Faculty Peer Evaluation Form - Sabbatical
Forms for Reviewers
- Senior Faculty Peer Evaluation Form (created by the PC 12/12/13)
- Classroom Visit Form (created by the PC 6/1/14; edited 5/12/16)
- Deans Contract Renewal and Promotion Evaluation Form
- Acknowledgement and Waiver of Access to the Supplemental Documents Folder
- Acknowledgement and Waiver of Access to Submitted Evaluation Materials from Outside Assessors
Philadelphia University has selected EthicsPoint, Inc. to provide a simple, secure way of anonymously and confidentially reporting activities that may involve unethical or otherwise inappropriate conduct in violation of University policies.